My Top Ten Films of 2021 So Far

Well, 2021 has certainly been a year so far. I can already tell you that everyone who has a 2021 list will be setting different criteria and mine is no different. Going by the list that I have set so far, this year has been extraordinary for releases and there is still plenty to come with the new blockbusters and the festival hits that I have already fallen in love with. I am proud to share my list of the top ten films of 2021 so far.

For the criteria, I am applying the same rules that I apply every single year. To be on this list, the film must have shown between January 1st and now (July 6th) 2021 in the UK for the first time. There are several films that I have unfortunately not seen before this time including Luca and Freaky, but my list is still going to be a strong reflection of what I have loved this year.

Full reviews of films I list will be linked if I have written one.

Honourable Mention: Inside (dir. Bo Burnham) – whilst I have this in my Letterboxd list, I will not be including it here as it is technically a comedy special. However, this project from Bo Burnham has the best cinematography of the year, the best original music in a long time and is an absolute must watch.

10. Judas and the Black Messiah

9. The Father

8. A Quiet Place: Part II

7. Sound of Metal

6. Nomadland

5. Minari

4. Palm Springs

3. Promising Young Woman

2. Malcolm & Marie

  1. Another Round

The post My Top Ten Films of 2021 So Far appeared first on Film For Thought.

Post a Comment

0 Comments