Back to the Cinema: MAY 2021

It is time. One week from now, the cinemas will re-open their doors in the UK and I will be able to experience the cinematic experience once more. With this, I launch a new monthly blog post on this site in which I talk about five films within the month that I am excited to see.

NOTE: I will be taking my sources from IMDb, and I may talk about films that I have already seen due to screeners or festival runs. This is also based on a UK list.

Here are my top five anticipated films coming to cinemas in May 2021.

Nomadland

Yes, of course I am excited to get the chance to see Nomadland again. After winning Best Picture at the Academy Awards, I will be interested to see how well this film does at the box office. It is a film that should be seen on the big screen due to the stunning cinematography and I will be making sure that I do get a chance to see it when it shows soon.

Out 17 May.

Sound of Metal

I have already seen this film twice, and yet this is going to be one that is unmissable for the cinematic experience. Not only is the sound design something that is going to be incredible, but director Darius Marder has placed the subtitles in the film itself, meaning every screening will have subtitles to it. This is something that is long overdue in the film industry and it is important we reward decisions like this and support them.

Out 17 May.

Spiral

I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed Jigsaw back in 2017. Since then, I have been eager to see where the franchise of Saw continues and with so many anticipated horror films coming out later this year, I am glad the cinemas are re-opening with one new horror film to get us going. There is nothing like the cinematic experience to bring the horror genre to life.

Out 17 May.

Cruella

When this project was first announced, I groaned at the need for this film. However, with Emma Stone playing the title character and with the fantastic trailers we have had so far, I am willing to give this one a chance. Let’s see what Disney gives us this time.

Out 28 May.

Billie Eilish: The World’s a Little Blurry

This is a film that is currently available on Apple TV, and yet I am still excited to give this one a watch. Whilst I would not say that I am a fan of Billie Eilish, she is somebody that has a lot to say about the industry and her experience so far and she is somebody that definitely warrants a documentary film like this. I am curious to see the direction this one takes.

Out 28 May.

1

M

The post Back to the Cinema: MAY 2021 appeared first on Film For Thought.

Post a Comment

0 Comments