Awards Season 2021: Oscar Predictions (08 April)

M

I

Quite a bit has changed with my Oscar nominations, so before the BAFTA takes place it is time to share my updated list. Whilst there are some predictions I am far from confident on (looking at you, Best Actress), this is the closest I am going to get without precursors such as the ACE and the BAFTAs.

BEST PICTURE
Nomadland

BEST DIRECTOR
Chloé Zhao, Nomadland

BEST ACTRESS
Andra Day, The United States vs Billie Holiday

BEST ACTOR
Chadwick Boseman, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Youn Yuh-jung, Minari

SUPPORTING ACTOR
Daniel Kaluuya, Judas and the Black Messiah

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
Emerald Fennell, Promising Young Woman

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
Chloé Zhao, Nomadland

ORIGINAL SONG
Speak Now, One Night in Miami

ORIGINAL SCORE
Soul

CINEMATOGRAPHY
Nomadland

ANIMATED FEATURE
Soul

PRODUCTION DESIGN
Mank

SOUND
Sound of Metal

EDITING
Sound of Metal

MAKEUP/HAIR
Pinocchio

COSTUME DESIGN
Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

VISUAL EFFECTS
Tenet

INTERNATIONAL FILM
Another Round

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
My Octopus Teacher

ANIMATED SHORT
If Anything Happens I Love You

LIVE-ACTION SHORT
The Letter Room

DOCUMENTARY SHORT
Hunger Ward

The post Awards Season 2021: Oscar Predictions (08 April) appeared first on Film For Thought.

Post a Comment

0 Comments